Monday, April 22, 2013

Resurrecting the Sketch-A-Day - Day 1

     Almost two months have flown by after an energizing, amazing weekend in Seattle attending Emerald City Comicon. I've been trying to fill my time organizing myself for the many projects I should have in the works this year...note the use of the word should...I've recently put copies of my children's book up for sale on my Etsy page. But first, I sent a bit of a mass e-mail to family and friends asking them if they would like copies of my stock. The response was instant, and when all the checks and Paypal money comes through, I will have sold all but 3 copies of "Dingo and Willy's Donuts".
     As a bit of an extra for all those who have paid for their copy of the book, I'm creating two custom sketch cards per copy ordered. That means, I'll be creating 40 different sketches, scanning the work, and stuffing them inside the front cover of each book that leaves my house...so...knowing that, I will once again revive the Sketch-A-Day until all copies are in their rightful owners hands, and I'm burnt out on sketching on toned paper.
     Day one- Enjoy the "Heavenly Ham" as he serenely floats through a cloudless sky. When, I got done with this one, I couldn't help but think about my dad and his love of collectible piggy paraphernalia.

-Enjoy-
Daniel DePaolo

No comments:

Post a Comment