Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Balancing Act

Space Otter - Asteroid Comber
     Downtime can be a blessing and a curse. I sit in my studio, preparing a small collection (about 20) of illustrations to take to Seattle at the beginning of March for Emerald City Comicon. I spend my days thumb nailing what will be an amazing comic, and I wait for word on the latest project. The contracts out and you can either sit around wasting time, or use that time to your advantage. I'd like to say that I'm using it in a wise manner %100 of the time, but that's not so.

     For now, I content myself on dusting off a few "traditional" techniques that sit in the tool box. Waiting to remind me how cool it is to detach myself from a screen every once in a while, and enjoy the tangible experience of creating a physical piece of "art". Glad for the time, but waiting for the work as well...ah...well...for now, enjoy the space otter combing a piece of asteroid in search of a tasty treat. Enjoy the rest of your week.

-Daniel DePaolo-

No comments:

Post a Comment