Thursday, February 21, 2013

7 and Counting

TryLo-saur - 5
     Counting down to Emerald City Comicon. I'm excited to be up in Seattle tabling with my fellow compatriots: Jason Pott, Alan Bennett, and George Leon. I've received word from the printer, and my children's book "Dingo and Willy's Donuts" will be available for sale that weekend. That's a huge relief and an exciting addition to my selection. I'm also on pace to have between 13-14 original illustrations completed and available for sale at my table. Not to mention limited edition 11x17 posters and original sketch cards. All in all, it should be a good representation of original and printed materials. Now I just need some fun loving folks with money to spend and the show could exceed even my pragmatic expectations.
     In the meantime, I thought I'd share an illustration of another Dino-Human hybrid from my upcoming comic, "The Muscle." The TryLo-Saur you see is old by any standard, but his experience and unrelenting toughness make him a trusted elder in his community. His thick hide renders any attack with projectile or laser weapons an exercise in futility. His love of "old" culture makes him an authority on classic games and motivates him to construct an industrial size cricket mallet for smashing thick heads with small brains. Respect your elders -- or a swift beat down is in order.


-Daniel DePaolo-

No comments:

Post a Comment